Bigcommerce vs. Magento – Which one is Good for your Business?
An eCommerce website is vital for any business to remain competitive in this digital age. However, it is vital to pick the right one with all the necessary features for the business to be successful. Magento is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms. There are several other platforms like Shopify, Zen Cart however, Bigcommerce and Magento tend to be more popular when it comes to developing an eCommerce website. This article is about Bigcommerce vs Magento, for the development of an eCommerce website.
Benefits of Magento
Magento is open-source software that implements a cloud infrastructure and provides developers a platform to create highly customized eCommerce websites. Some of the benefits include:
- Magento websites have a high level of security and at the same time offer a wide range of features.
- Possible to extend the functionality of the website using additional plugins and extensions.
- Possible to customize the website to develop many different types of features as per the requirement of a business, if the feature you require is not available.
- Cost to develop an eCommerce website using Magento can vary since there are free and paid versions with the added cost for web development.
- Magento is also optimized for mobiles and SEO and makes it easy to develop a B2B website.
Benefits of BigCommerce
BigCommerce is a SaaS (Software as a Service) solution that is also cloud-based that is licensed to a user for the purpose of developing an eCommerce website. There are many advantages of opting for BigCommerce:
- There is no need to worry about the hosting of your eCommerce website as this is taken care of by BigCommerce.
- BigCommerce also offers a wide range of features that every eCommerce business might require as part of the core product.
- Since BigCommerce takes care of the hosting the software updates are also automatic; this includes security updates as well as feature updates.
- Security is usually not a big concern since BigCommerce hosts and maintains the platform and keeps it up to date with bug fixes and patches as and when necessary.
Both BigCommerce and Magento offer a wide range of features to develop an eCommerce website. BigCommerce has a monthly subscription fee, but it includes the hosting service and maintenance for the hosting platform with free updates.
Magento is free software with the option of using the paid one. It also happens to be one of the leading eCommerce platforms that have risen to the top very fast. BigCommerce is a fast-growing eCommerce platform that makes it easy to launch an eCommerce website very fast.
Divwy Technologies is the place to hire a dedicated Magento developer. We provide a wide range of software development services that includes Magento and BigCommerce Development as well. Thus, a business needs to select one as per the unique requirements of their business, while taking their budget, and growth plan into consideration as well.
Divwy Technologies is the best firm to hire a Magento Developer in India. It is important to first assess your business prior to selecting the right eCommerce platform. This includes listing the features and evaluating the importance of factors like SEO, navigation, site features, etc. It is also a good idea to define your project including preparing a budget prior to making a decision which is the best eCommerce tool for you.